If you read this week's column, "Pardon Sgt. Evan Vela, Mr. President," and wish to do something to help, here are a few things that I pulled off Evan's website, including defense fund information:
HOW CAN YOU HELP SGT. EVAN VELA
Write a Presidential Pardon Letter
Directions for the letter:
· Address your letter President Bush
· Please state in your letter that it is in reference to Sgt. Evan Vela, who is Prisoner Reg No. 84486 confined at the Army Disciplinary Barracks at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas.
· State what you think of Evan’s situation, how you may know him and/or heard of his story.
· Request to Pardon Evan. Explain your feelings on why Evan should be pardon.
· Please add anything you would like to the letter.
Please send the letters to:
Curtis G. Carnahan
PO Box 167
Parker, ID 83438
God Bless you and Thank you for your time to stand behind one of our soldiers!
**** From the Family of Evan Vela Carnahan****
If you would like to donate to the Sergeant Evan Vela Carnahan defense fund your donation's can be sent to:
Evan Vela Defense Fund, KeyBank
C/O Ann Marie Chaffin
1625 Northgate Mile
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83401
DONATIONS BY PAYPAL
If you would like to donate by Paypal, please use the Paypal link provided on Evan Vela's website.